After five years working in London, I decided it was time to move back to Los Angeles, but not before taking a year off to see the world. I gave up my great job with Lehman Brothers in Administration and a fantastic flat (and roommate) I’d lived in for over three years, packed up all my belongings into some 60 cubic feet of boxes and said farewell to the wonderful friends I made in London. Before setting off for Asia, I spent seven weeks in the States including a weekend getaway in Chicago with my best friends from high school, corrective eye surgery in Philadelphia, Aud and Rob’s wedding in Bermuda, 13 days in Israel on Birthright (with a side trip to Petra) and time in quiet Oak Park with my parents and sister. Then, on July 18, 2010 at 1am, with only 13 kilograms in my 50L backpack and a small shoulder bag, I boarded a flight to Singapore. The goal of my adventure is not one of self-discovery or mending a broken heart but a journey of true desire to explore the world, experience new cultures, taste various cuisines, explore beautiful wildernesses, meet local people, and maybe learn some Spanish along the way. What lies below are my stories (or more of a daily recount of events) from the road.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Leaving South America tomorrow... ahhh!

Just a very short update since I realize I am a month behind on my blog.  It’s not because I haven’t written anything in the past four weeks, I’ve just only written bits.  As you’ve probably noticed, I generally like to keep my blog chronological and therefore don’t post things out of order.  Hence the backlog. 

Crazy enough, I’m leaving South America tomorrow.  In just over 24 hours I’ll be on a plane headed for London.  Very very very hard for me to believe.  As much as I’m ready to take a break from all this travel, I can’t believe the last 5.5 months (or 10 months really) have passed so quickly.  Before I know it (two weeks) I’ll be back in Oak Park living at home and looking for a job.  But today I’m going to enjoy Buenos Aires.  I promise to finish writing about South America, even if some of the entries are somewhat incomplete, as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Travels Map